Knauf Industries is part of the international KNAUF Group, with a history dating back to 1932. Our offices and factories are located in over 80 countries. We gained worldwide recognition thanks to high quality products for the construction industry. In 1986 we started our activity in plastics processing under the brand name of Knauf Industries.
We are the largest polystyrene processor in the world. We design and mass-produce custom solutions for major industries:
- household appliances and electronics sector,
- automotive industry
- food industry
- construction industry
- HVAC (heating, ventilation, air conditioning).
We have a dedicated R&D centre and 41 modern production facilities around the world at our customers' disposal. Two of them are located in Poland: in Mszczonów (50km from Warsaw) and in Nowa Wieś Wrocławska.
With a wide range of design tools and available foam materials, we can design and then manufacture personalized packaging tailored to your needs. Over 30 years of manufacturing packaging and shapes for various applications has allowed us to accumulate valuable experience, which we use to support our customers.
Ecodesign - sustainable packaging
In our projects we show particular care for environmental issues. We use recyclable materials in our production and often offer returnable packaging solutions. Depending on your needs, we can also optimize and improve existing packaging designs to optimize costs and environmental impact.
Komebac packaging, among others, fits into the ecological and modern environmental standards. The boxes made of foamed polypropylene (EPP) were awarded by the Solar Impulse Foundation as one of 1000 ecological and at the same time economically optimal industrial solutions. It is the ideal solution for reverse logistics in the catering, food, electronics, small appliances, medical, pharmaceutical, and e-commerce industries.
Examples of KOMEBAC® packaging advantages:
- Lightweight and easy to handle
- Reducing the carbon footprint
- Reusable for up to 10 years
- Easy to clean, can be cleaned with dishwasher detergents
- Robust and scratch-resistant
- High package load capacity
- Noise dampening for operation on a conveyor belt
- Isothermal, airtight and waterproof solution
- Suitable for transport and storage of packaged food
- EPP does not contain bisphenol A
- Eco-friendly solution, monomaterial, reusable, 100% recyclable.
Plastic injection moulding
In Poland we also have thermoplastic injection moulding technology, in which we specialize our factory in Nowa Wies Wrocławska near Wrocław. The plant has a modern machine park consisting of injection moulding machines with a clamping force from 80 to 2000t.
THE FULL RANGE OF OUR SERVICES INCLUDES:
- Complex process simulation (FS, DFM, Mold Flows) based on CAD model
- Development of tools and coordination of their implementation (Europe, Asia)
- Texturing coordination (Standex, Mold Tech)
- Testing and report writing
- Complete PPAP or VDA process reports
- Coordinating the production of injection moulds
- Mounting of joints and fasteners
Knauf Industries Polska Sp. z o. o. has a constantly improved Integrated Quality and Environmental Management System in accordance with the standards: PN-EN ISO 9001:2009 and PN-EN ISO 14001:2005. Both our plants are technologically advanced units adapted to production for the automotive industry, which is confirmed by ISO IATF 16949 Certificates.
We have our own laboratory, where we constantly control the quality of our products.
Are you looking for a reliable supplier of plastic packaging?
Get in touch with our experts
We have years of experience in manufacturing EPS and EPP packaging and parts as a member of the supply chain of major industrial companies.